Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Look what I can do now!"

I knew that babies grew fast and that they changed very quickly. But that was all textbook knowledge. Now that I have my own little baby who is doing amazing things everyday, I am beginning to understand what everyone has been talking about. It is also very easy to see how parents are prone to thinking that their children are geniuses. Watching Matthew learn new skills is an incredible thing to see, especially when it seems that I don't really have anything to do with it! He must be genius!

Just this week, he has added a whole bunch of new accomplishments in his short life. (I wish I could accomplish that much at the same rate as him.) These are some of the new things he can do...


Tummy time has always been a chore because he couldn't hold his head up that long and Mommy couldn't watch him be so frustrated and helpless. Suddenly this week, tummy time is much more fun!

Matthew has finally discovered that he has toes and that he can reach them. Oh, the possibilities now!

He also started reaching for things. If you put something in front of him, now he wants it and knows how to get it!

It does take a lot of concentration though.


And he can walk! Well, maybe not quite yet, but he is getting the idea. (The video is kind of dark, you have to look closely)

I wonder what is to come next week.

1 comment: