Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hang up

This morning, Matthew and I were having a sleep in day. When he woke up at 9:30 and was still as dopey as I was, I brought him back to bed with me and we both fell asleep again, almost instantly. An hour and a half later, the phone rang. I tried to answer it without waking him, but it didn't work. So he happily laid in the bed talking to himself, while I talked on the phone to Auntie Luanne. When the phone rang again, I didn't bother to go to the other room, because we were both already awake. So I lay in bed with my head beside his and said "hello."

"Hi there. My name is Amanda and I am calling from SuperValu Carpet and Duct cleaning. I am calling to see if you would be interested in having your ductwork cleaned. We are having a special for the month of April, if you...Ok, Thanks for your time. Have a nice day." click.

???

I actually might have been interested in having our ducts cleaned since it has been way too many years since the last time it was done. However, Matthew had other ideas. He squawked, just as she began explaining the special and I guess she took that as a "no" and hung up.

I guess it is never too early to dislike phone solicitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment